I want to show you a very fun way to liven up your stamped images.
We will be using the Rock and Roll technique.
*********Come see and try this technique in person*********
Come to my Fall Open House
Friday September 30th
7:00 - 9:00 PM
In a few simple steps you can have a fantastic two tone image like this one.
Here is how to create the look.
1. Find the two coordinating ink colors you want to use.
(I used Sorbet and Tulip)
2. Ink your image in the lighter color.
3. If your ink colors are in similar color families and you want to create a more
dramatic contrast. Use scratch paper to stamp the first generation of ink.
4. Without reinking the lighter color "rock and roll" the edges of your stamp in the darker color. It is important to make sure your image is a very close fit to the block so you can "rock and roll" easily. Look through your block to ensure you like the look.
5. Give your inked image a huff of air from your mouth to remoisten the ink
and stamp it where desired.
If your ink colors are already contrast well (i.e. light yellow and deep red) you can eliminate step 3 and use both colors first generation.