Monday, September 12, 2011

Mojo Mondays

Ready to see an unbelievable easy project. 
Made with simply a paperpack, coordinating stickers and a composition book that cost me 10 cents (gotta love those back to school sales!!)

Take a look at this "Dreams Journal"


I took a standard sized composition book.  Got my "Dreamin" Level 2 paper pack,
 my "Dreamin" stickease, my paper trimmer and some tombow adhesive
and set to work on this baby.

I copied the general makeup of the comp book using chocolate cardstock to cover the black strip around the binding.  Then went to work on the hardest part by far - deciding which patterns of this gorgeous paper packet to showcase. 


I used a 1/3rd to 2/3rds ratio of the 2 patterns to keep it visually balanced and then dressed it up with the stickease.

Here are a few more close ups of the details!

One of the things I love about using the stickease on these types of projects is the practicality.  I love the look they give of dimension without adding any bulk.  Check out these cute buttons below.  They look real but since they are a flat sticker you can write on both sides of the paper inside the journal without a "button bump!"

Come back tomorrow for Technique Tuesdays to find out about the final touch to my darling journal - want a hint?   It's called a "Zip Strip."


No comments: